We are all aware of Global pandemic happening. Earlier yesterday, The president of Nigeria addressed the nation on Nigeria’s response to #COVID19 and measures put in place by the Government of Nigeria to control this outbreak as quickly as possible. A total lockdown measure for an initial period of fourteen days was put in place in three states in Nigeria. Read full details HERE
Also, around 20% of the global population is now on corona virus lockdown. Such countries includes; India, Peru, Italy, Spain, France, UK, New Zealand, Jordan, Argentina and El Salvador.
However, while trying to stay safe and survive during the lockdown- Here are some ways we can stay positive and develop ourselves during the lockdown.
1. Exercise – Not only does exercise helps you control your weight, it helps Increases you mental health and mood, reduces the risk of heart diseases and manages your blood sugar and insulin levels. If you are going to survive this lockdown, you need to exercise. Your body will thank you later for this. I created a workout routine or challenge for myself every morning, which consists of- Burpees, Jumping jacks, Planks, Crunches, Bicycle crunches, Squats, Wall sit, High Knees and Lunges.
2. Reading Books – Reading improves the functioning of the brain and theory of mind. It help us learn, understand and makes us smarter, not to mention the knowledge, vocabulary and thinking skills we develop. There are lot of genres of books to read, you will definitely find one you love.
3. Eating Healthy – Good nutrition is an important part of leading a healthy lifestyle. Eat antioxidant-rich foods. These antioxidants help fight the free radicals of aging. As tempting as it can be to devour on junks, try as much as possible to desist from it and eat foods rich in antioxidants, fruits & vegetables and whole grain like legumes, brown rice, oats etc
4. Engaging in online courses – Studying via digital platforms has been made easier in this generation. The world is evolving and going digital, employers want certain skills from employees or prospects .There are couple of online sites to develop your skills and obtain a certificate. Try out Alison, EdX, Udemy, Khan Academy, Coursera etc.
5. Research on a degree – Has it crossed your mind to further your education by having a masters or doctorate degree? Here is your chance to make enough research on documents you need, requirements, search for suitable and affordable schools etc.
6. Movies – If you are a movie freak like me and you get worked up during the week, this is the best time you want to catch up with the latest movie’s or your favorite series.
7. Detox and Declutter – Self care is not an option, It’s a priority. Not just your house or wardrobe needs a detox or declutter, but all aspect especially your mind and soul. We need to put more focus on our mental health. Cut out all toxic people from your life. Get rid of your clutter, and do a social media detox. If the Instagram account isn’t encouraging you to go after what you deserve, endorses drama and negativity, serves no real purpose in your life, Unfollow it. If it isn’t bringing you joy, stay far away from it. If the friendships are not feeding you or helping you thrive, go your own way. If they don’t make you laugh, remove them. If your relationships is distracting you from everything you think you deserve, break away from it bro. Fall in love with your solitude.
8. Get closer to your Lord – This is a good time to remember your Lord. Pray often, Observe your salats on time, Read your Bible and Quran. Fast, if you can. Give alms to the less privileged. Be nice to everyone irrespective of their Religion.
9. Listen to Music – Be it Rap, Trap, Hip-hop, Soul, Classical, Jazz, Heavy metal and all- Listen to your favorite music and dance away all your worries and sorrows. Everything is going to be alright.
10. Get enough rest – Yes baby, you sure do need to get adequate hours of sleep to function properly.